Astronomical Institute “Anton Pannekoek”
University of Amsterdam
Science Park 904, rm. C4.115
1098 XH Amsterdam, Netherlands
T +31 20 525 7478/7491
I work at the interface of Astrophysics and Astroparticle Physics, and am interested in a variety of problems relating to the accretion process especially around black holes, both big and small.
I am also the Director of the Master Program in Astronomy & Astrophysics.
I keep trying to get the traffic up from my group but it’s hard to remember to post although there is a lot going on (or because there is a lot going on). Anyway, we have some very nice news this week:
1) Salomé has accepted an offer for a postdoctoral position with Elmar Körding’s group at University of Nijmegen! … Continue reading →
This is pretty cool: the Science News article linked from the front page of the NYTimes is about the G2 object’s imminent encounter with Sgr A* (or at least its accretion flow). I have a minuscule quote but anyway it’s a great article about a very interesting event, that we hope will shed some new light on our Galactic Center’s …Read More →
- AustinMar 02, 2014 - Mar 17, 2014Location: Austin
- APSApr 05, 2014 - Apr 09, 2014Location: Savannah, GA
- APS talkApr 06, 2014 - Apr 06, 2014Location: Savannah, GA
- Stockholm seminarJun 10, 2014 - Jun 10, 2014